Sony HDR Cx220 HD

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by DJTBC Bowhunter, Dec 3, 2013.

1. DJTBC Bowhunter

DJTBC Bowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just getting into the sport of filming my own hunts and as I was looking I came across this HandyCam by Sony, it shoots HD and what I'm looking at it comes with a tripod and a SD card. Other than that, all I know is that it is in my price range. Feedback? If that is one that I shouldn't go for, are there better cameras for that price tag (around $200)? This is my first camera so I don't want to go all out, but I want a camera that will give an easy set of controls and a good quality lens. Thoughts and help please!

2. madcall

madcall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I own a cx 110 and its a great little camera and records quality footage I also REALLY like the sony lower end models because they offer something the Canons do not and that is a wired remote input the AV/R jack this makes filming with very little movement very easy and is an awesome function . u can pick up a Sony remote commander for around $50 bucks and is well worth the money so I would recommend the 220 as a very good starter cam ... hope this helps ya out

3. madcall

madcall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    although it does not offer a mic input the internal is quite good and decent sensitivity jmo

4. madcall

madcall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    the cx 160 offers a external mic input but has no mic shoe but you can pic up a stabilizer u shaped handle for the camera that has a cold shoe mount on top for around $15 bucks and is very handy for filming on the move

5. madcall

madcall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    ill post up the link for ya

6. madcall

madcall Newb

Dislikes Received:
    its called the X-GRIP