Sony a6300 Mirrorless Manual Focus

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Bigtine, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Bigtine

Bigtine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just added a Sony a6300 to my collection for mostly b-roll footage etc. I find that I could use this as my main camera with the exception of being able to do manual focus on my fluidhead handle. I have a Sony handle which works great for powering, recording and zooming, but I have not found a Sony remote that has focus. Does anybody know of a multi terminal remote that has focus or if it will even work with the a6300? Or, if the adapters work with like a varizoom like this one:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/253515348054

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't believe you are going to find anything. I have the Sony Remote and have tried to hook up a Varizoom Lanc to see if it would work and I couldn't get the focus function to work. Zoom and Start/Stop worked. The autofocus is pretty darn good. I've only ran with it as my main camera a couple times because i wanted to test the Autofocus out. It performed well enough that I would be comfortable using it.

Bigtine and hoff1ck like this.
  3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Also, this is a Canon EF adapter. I use all EF lenses, so it's no big deal for me.

5. Bigtine

Bigtine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh man Fitz, you weren’t kidding. I just dropped $500 on a gimbal. That would be tough to spend that. Not to mention the lens I want is $1200.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums