Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Some new hope on a new property.

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by GordysHGH, Nov 21, 2016.

1. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So recently i was given permission from a relative to hunt her property, a 40 acre swampy bush. with 2 tiny fields on either side. They dont give anyone permission so i have the property to myself, which for my area in southern ontario is a huge deal because it is unpressured from the orange army that finished there shotgun hunt a week ago today.

Ive been out doing some scouting and got a stand and a camera up on the edge of some bedding areas, in an open section of tall grass wetlands, and on the back side of a section of cedars. I just came back from checking my trail camera and i am ecstatic. After last nights couple inches of snow we received i thought it would be the perfect time to do some scouting for tracks and trails they may be using to get a better idea of where the deer are moving to and from. A little to my surprise there was tracks everywhere and all around my stand and in front of my camera.

On my camera there was alot of does and fawns, some small bucks and a few really nice bucks. All of which are 35 yards from my stand. One for sure id like to get a chance at walked past this morning roughly an hour before shooting light. I have work off this afternoon, and have the perfect wind so tonight gives me a chance to go after him! Were at the tail end of the rut and the end of a few days of real nasty winds and snow. Any advice or tips?

Attached Files:

2. head2toe camo

head2toe camo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't take shortcuts on scent control and plan your entry/exit carefully. Sit as long and as often as you can. You got a good spot so its just a matter of time if you're careful.

3. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Don't miss :)

4. JStarr

JStarr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a good spot. I double what head2toe camo said. scent control, more scent control, never hunt a bad wind day, and scent control.

5. GordysHGH

GordysHGH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice guys, sat on monday night and seen 3 smaller bucks and 9 does/fawns. Went out again tuesday night with the winds dying down, seen only a button buck, and was skunked this morning... Going to leave it be till the weekend and hopefully have something nice cross my path!

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ^THIS^ Great advice!! Those are some very good bucks.