Some Help Please

Discussion in 'Videography & Photography' started by Sharpshoot3r, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Sharpshoot3r

Sharpshoot3r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm new to filming but smat enough to pick it up fast. Being unfamiliar with the entire situation and terminology I'm looking for some help. Maybe videos. That works the best for me. Ive been reading up on here but i need a base to start from. Most likely going to buy a package off Campbell. Any input is great. Thanks guys.

2. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure it is exactly what your needing help with? Cameras? Equipment? Editing software?
    To start off, there are many different types of cameras out there. A good HD camera, you are looking starting off right around the $1000 range and you can even go up to the several thousand dollar range. You can go the EPIC cam route or the goPro, both of which provide great HD video. Campbell's isnt your only place to get outdoor camera packages, but a good place to browse and see what interests you. Will you be self filming or filming someone else? That makes a difference as far as camera and equipment go. Just do your research, figure out how serious you want to get with filming, the uses for which you will be filming and I suggest playing with different types of cameras. Just my .02 cents

3. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You need to define exactly what you want to do in terms of video, how you want to use your video, what your long term objectives are, and your budget.

Just going to Campbell's and picking up a package that they have thrown together will not necessarily yield the results that you are seeking. Further, you may or may not need what is in their package. I'm not knocking Campbell's because they provide a nice service to hunters, but if you know anything about camera equipment you can often piece together what you actually need for less in other places. Once you get your camera and basic equipment picked out, you need to consider how you are going to edit them. Many forget that part of the process. You need to have basic editing software and pretty stout computing power to process the simplest video just to put on youtube. The sky is the limit from there.

If you just want to record your hunts for your use, maybe to upload to Facebook or Youtube, nothing fancy, then most handicams and very basic video editors will do. It sounds like you don't have any real video experience, so maybe that is the place to start for you. Invest a little, get a feel for it, and then move ahead to more powerful equipment in the near future. If your initial goals are bigger than that, well then you need to expand the budget and look into more serious equipment.

If you give us an idea of what you actually want to accomplish and how deep your wallet is, then several of us can give you some better advice.

4. rockinchair

rockinchair Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received: