Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

So I'm driving along right now...

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Greg / MO, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ... and can't keep from staring out the window to the sides of the road and edge of the woodline trying to catch a glimpse of a shed, LOL!

Funny... later in the year I'll be scanning hard for actual deer; these days, I don't even catch myself looking for deer, but I'm scouring the ground as hard as I can while doing 60 mph... :)

2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL It must be a diehard deer/shed hunter thing! As my wife always says about 100 times every 30 miles, "Would you not worry about looking for deer or antlers and watch the dang road!?"

3. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ive never found one that way,

Found some dead bucks though

4. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    haha, thats great Greg, I have found a couple sheds while driving down the road, never while on a highway but dirt roads at about 30 mph. I hear ya about looking up, I ran right up on a bedded moose Sat, of course my head was scanning the forest floor when she finally stood up and made enough noise to catch my attention.

5. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Last year the boss and I had to go to town. On the way back I was scanning my side of the road as he drove. Thought I catch a glimpse of the curve of a main beam barely sticking out of some grass about 60 yards off the road. I holler stop... there's a shed. He is cruising at his normal 75 in a 55. He has many speeding tickets over the years to prove it. LOL He said there wasn't anyway I could have seen a shed at that speed... that far out in the grass. I had him back up... hopped out of the truck... walked out and grabbed it. I should have bet him... it would have been easy money !! LOL

I've found quite a few sheds over the years while driving... much to the dismay of the wife who is hollering... keep your eyes on the road. I just tell her... why would I do that?? The sheds are out in the ditches and fields. Duh !!!! LOL Or I tell her to keep an eye on the road... I am busy looking for sheds. I get punched/slapped in the shoulder alot when I drive to places during shed season. Women !!!! :)

Tim

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  6. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    hahaha...nice!

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I get the same treatment Tim! I even told my wife "You dont know what you are missing when you are not looking!"