so i bought a new (to me) bow.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by the mechanic, Feb 4, 2011.

1. the mechanic

the mechanic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    its a 2008 model limbsaver deadzone dz 32. im going out to shoot it this saturday or sunday. it has all the stuff that was on my martin, rest, sight, stabilizer, and string stop. anybody have experience with these bows? any quirks or tips and tricks?

its supposed to be 60#, but it feels significantly heavier than that, im thinking about taking it to a shop to see what it actually is.

2. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    The only recommendation I would have when buying a used bow is to take it to a pro shop and have them tune it up. Most importantly replace the string... Most of the time used bows have very "used" strings/cables.

Good look and congrats!
    Neal

3. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    speaking of the string, the guy at the shop said they replaced it when they got it. it wasnt like it was about to snap or anything, it was just worn a little too much, so they replaced it with winners choice strings. and i did the research on how to tune it(i really like not needing a bow press to do this) and it has a solid wall, smooth draw, just seems heavier than 60#, or my old bow wasnt really drawing 60. i dont know, but i plan on taking it to the shop to put a draw weight scale on it and maybe paper tune it while im there.

4. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man law wheres the pics????

5. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    im in the process of getting it onto photobucket so i can put it up. my bad.

6. the mechanic

Dislikes Received:
    its in damn near perfect condition, except a few scratches in the finish, but nothing serious. [​IMG] rest is qad ultra rest hunter, sight is fuse carbon pilot g-series 5 pin, stabilizer is octane 11.5'' piston, string stop is sts.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011