Snow in Upstate NY???

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Rick James, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I'm out of town for work, surfing wunderground to see weather conditions for next weeks 9 day trip in central NY, and PA............wunderground is calling for 6-12" of snow tonight at Dans camp in Otsego County.

Anyone else in the northeast getting snow right now?

2. Catskiller

Catskiller Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We have 3" on the ground here in the southern catskills. It wont
    be around long though.

3. Zdeerslayer

Zdeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Matt we had pretty hard rain/ snow all day yesterday, but nothing really stuck. Today we had about 15 min of hard snow, but again nothing stuck. My friend here at school is going home hunting Saturday, and where he lives (Greenville area) they got about 12" of snow.

BTW are you still working at Lemme's? I think I'm gonna start bringing my bow up to school because I got the invite from my friend I mentioned above to hunt with him on his 150 acres. Its only about 40 min from here. Congrats on your PA buck, good luck in NY.

4. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :d
    Nope, I'm no longer working at Lemme's. Still on good terms, but with the new house, job, etc........I'm just too busy to help them anymore. I've also pretty much built my own shop at the house, so I don't really need to head to the shop to work on things anymore. They are a good group of guys though, and I still swing in when I can to hang out and harass them a bit. :d

I'm hearing that out near Sidney just a bit west of Oneonta, a buddy of mine did end up getting a full 12" of snow. When I get to Dan's camp next week out that way, I'm hoping some is still on the ground so we can see where they are moving.

5. Zdeerslayer

Dislikes Received:
    I have a camp a little south of Oneonta, in Andes, I think they got a little bit of snow too. Good luck at Dan's place.

6. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could have made snowballs off my truck this morning. It's gone now and our weather is calling for near 60 next week. That is not conducive for daytime movement. :computer:

We'll see what happens. I hope to be done tonight! This is the day, the 29th when I took my buck last year and I've been lucky around Halloween.

7. Zdeerslayer

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Rob, hope that Boss Decoy produces for ya.