Slow Start And New Addition

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by racewayking, Oct 4, 2008.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This season has been kinda slow considering the weather cooling down. First day out I had deer all over, since then has been a bust.

I didn't hunt yesterday afternoon or this morning, we got a call last week from a dog rescue we help with and they needed our help. We foster dogs from time to time and tend to get the ones that need a lot of love. Yesterday we had a dog dropped off that appears to have been beaten when she was adopted out to her new home recently. This poor dog is only about two and was a rescued Iowa flood dog from what we understand. She is a pointer mix from the looks of it and is skittish as can be. I hope we can get this girl turned around and get her to a great home, that is if my wife doesn't end up wanting to keep her. She is almost at the point where I can leave her with the wife and our dogs without worrying. This has been by far the hardest dog to acclimate in the short time we have had her, I often ask myself how people can do this to animals.

Hopefully I will get out and see some deer tonight and get a crack at one of the 10's I am hunting, nobody hunted the property since I was out yesterday morning so pressure has been minimal.

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's awsome that you do that. If you ever come across a black lab puppy let me know. I think I am going to get one in the spring. I was thinking about finding one now but I am so busy with hunting that I probably won't have the time to spend right now that a puppy needs. But spring will be a different story.

3. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    I know of a one year old black male that the adoption peeps have. She said it was a pure bred. I also know a great breeder of english dual purpose show dogs but she starts at 800 a pup.

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well I want to get a puppy so I can train it to fetch birds. I think that spring would be a better time for me to get one since I am pretty busy till March with stuff. Once spring comes I will have a ton of time to spend and train a new puppy.

5. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Ferg- Just got my camera out of my pack, this is the latest foster dog we have that I mentioned earlier in this thread. She has been hard to work with because she was abused in her previous residence with the family that adopted her. She is coming along and doing better and the wife is starting to fall for her, not sure she'll ever leave.

[​IMG]