Slick tricks. HOLY COW!!

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Jacob1, Oct 11, 2013.

1. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Slick Tricks are good broadheads. I am glad you are happy with them. Can't wait to see you with one laying next to a Monster. But they didn't perform well for me. Just like Thunderheads and Muzzys didn't. I hate shooting a broadhead that doesn't have a practice head of equal size and shape. That is why the Rage and NAP are SO FAR ahead of everyone else. Me personally, I prefer a Rage. I have been shooting them since they hit the market and I have never lost a deer shooting a Rage. 11 for 11.

2. miraclesix

miraclesix Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot rages,swhackers, muzzys and I now shoot slick trick standards 125 grain. The issue I have with mechanicals is there is no margin of error with them. If you hit a big buck,which has greater bone mass than a mature doe, in the shoulder you're probably not going to find that buck. I did the same thing with the schwackers last year. Personally I feel you loose to much energy when the blade deploy. If I were to shoot a mechanical it would be a rage. I shot a doe last year with a three blade and it worked fine. Not a pass through but dead is dead.
    I just prefer to have a broadhead that's not going to deflect off a bone if the shot is not perfect. Slick tricks and the new trocar and muzzys have bone crushing characteristics.
    To me the less moving parts you have the better of your are, there's nothing to fail on a fixed blade but the hunter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

3. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Slick tricks are good heads.. Never had any problems with them. Cut great and left awesome holes!

4. stebbins77

stebbins77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I love the slick trick standard 125. I was shooting the muzzy mx4 and switched based on reviews. Absolutly love em, like you said, they shoot better than my feild points. I need to be careful because ill shave arrows they group so well and thats at 40yards!

5. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I switched over to Slick Trick Standards this year and really like how they fly as well. I have two heads that I have been using and they fly the same as each other, also pretty much the same as my field tips. I have been shooting them into my Block target, tearing it up, for the last 2 months and you still have to be very careful as they still have a VERY sharp edge. Never had that before with any other head I will say that. I switched over from G5 T3's which I loved as well however having two herniated discs operated on and losing some strength I am not shooting as much poundage as I used to and wanted to have something fixed bladed. Will let you know how they perform on a deer as soon as I shoot one!!

6. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot 4 deer this year with slick trick 100 gr magnums. Complete pass throughs on all 4.

7. SPOTnSTALK

SPOTnSTALK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not taking chances with expandable BHs on the Goal of Knocking Down my first Buck. Slick Trick will be in the Air.

...dealers choice, just hunt!

8. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Love the Slick Tricks... they slice right through 'em! :woot:

9. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I won some grizz tricks at a 3d shoot and they look like some bad boys. I would love to try them out on a deer or hog but I just got some killzones so im gunna try them out first. still, they seem wicked

10. myot

myot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I switched to the Griztricks this year and they really enjoy blowing through bone out of my 76lbs Elite blood trails are great too

Dan

11. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    with a 76lb bow, I don't know what broadhead wouldn't love destroying bone. LOL

12. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My thought exactly. He could probably shoot a tooth pick and it would destroy something.

13. myot

myot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

The speed and KE is really nice but you still have to hit the right spot then the rest is taken care of

Dan

14. Podobed45

Podobed45 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no pictures??

15. MNHUnter191

MNHUnter191 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was at one time worried about the rage not opening up for me until I shot a turkey with them I clipped him in the bottom of neck, and the rage almost took his head off, the shot was ridiculous I lost the pictures when I broke my phone but at 25 yards the shot was easy enough and he was hardly going any where..
    that being said I do like the slick trick mags, the shoot really well for me and after I burn up the pack of rage in the quiver ill probably spin on the slick tricks to see what they can do for me