Slick Trick ViperTrick

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Vols5151, Oct 4, 2022.

1. Vols5151

Vols5151 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Image1664926190.050455.jpg IMG_2276.JPG IMG_2277.JPG

First time using this broadhead. They are razor sharp out of the box. So sharp in fact that I pulled a dumbass move and cut myself good trying to unscrew one from my arrow.

Overall though, I like the head. I killed this doe at 20 yards a few weeks ago and it passed through the boiler room and was buried 3 or 4 inches inches in some hard dirt. I heard the doe crash 7 or 8 seconds after the shot.

The blood trail was not as good as mechanicals I’ve shot (NAP products) but adequate to recover the animal successfully. The first 20 yards it was pretty sparse but picked up quite a bit after that.

I was very impressed with how well they flew like my field points. Shooting a block they were spot on up to 45 yards. I didn’t bother shooting further.

Durability wise it seems solid. I resharpened the 4 replaceable blades and have it loaded back in my quiver.

Overall, I feel like this broadhead is a safe bet. They penetrate well and fly true. Also, they come in a 4 pack as opposed to a 3 pack. I think I found a fixed blade I will stick with.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

SmokeEater2 and dstouffer like this.