Sleven down

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cocowheats, Nov 2, 2016.

1. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So sleven stuck his tongue out at me in July. IMG_0202.jpg . Sleven he was called instantly because he looked like a six point trying to gain his seventh. Also, if u ever seen the movie lucky number sleven, it seemed like a quality name. We continued to get plenty of pics of him an other young bucks. I shot a big buck. 136 inch two years ago and seen plenty others. However, last year I passed 17 bucks waiting for a big one. This year I decided I'm not passing. This is public land. Highly pressured and I love shooting deer. So I decided sleven or straight eight are my shooters. Unless , of course a random. I been running cams all year and all young bucks. In fact sleven was the second biggest to this day.

So yesterday I tell my dad I'm going way back to this pinch off this huge thicket. I awake early to howling winds. F that. I'm afraid oh heights and winds clearly don't help. So I stay in bed. Get up early. Run errands. Winds die down. I start into woods about 1145. Oh I was planning all days from here on out btw. About halfway in to my new spot I get blown at from about 15 yards away. There stands sleven. He takes off with I assume his new gf. Oh well. Continue on way back. Climb my new tree around 1230. About one o clock I hear stick snap and stand up and get ready. I see a doe heading my way. I have a doe tag so eagerly awaiting. She comes to my thirty mark and takes the one Path I cannot shoot. Oh well, another doe is behind her. She is taking same path. So as I'm awaiting her. She decides to veer in an off direction. Wat Eva. Two o clock another doe in same area wandering around. She does her thing and doesn't come close. About 445 I hear what has to be a buck come crashing through the thicket. He wanted nothing to do with my grunts. About 545 I hear another buck grunting on same path. Hit a few grunts. Blah blah. About 15 mins later he comes by. Spike. Oh well. Fun sit.

So today I set up in a familiar spot. Sit till 0930. Nothing. This spot been shot lately. And I gotta poop. Down. Poop. Cam check. Let's go to yesterday's new spot. Get in there. Decide to break some trees for shooting lanes. Set climber in tree. Take first step and I hear something coming. Stop. Watching. Finally see *** end odd deer walking through thicket. Wait a few mins. Climb up. Set up. Still have branches to break. Now I decide I'm gonna grunt. Maybe a buck will think his enemy is busted shrub. It's about ten thirty. Sitting there about 1100 and I hear break break. Look up. See bone with nose to ground heading rite at me. Comes closer I say oh wow it's sleven. He is about twenty yards but no shot. I said wait and he will walk rite by on the trail and give 15 yd shot. Well of course he don't. He turns and heads straight away. Cuts a little left and I see small opening. Bleat. He stops. I shoot. At first I think of no too far back. He takes off. Runs about fourty yards and hard turns right. About ten seconds later I hear him crash. Now I think it musta been good shot cause how far he was quartering away. So I sneak out. Go home. Wait for my father till three. Drive back. No blood. No blood. No blood. I say he went right by that dead log. No blood. I say I'll go back and look from tree, but first lemme check in h. Omg yes there he is.

2. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0312.jpg . Luckily he went about fifty yards. My **** actually hit through the left tenderloin and took out both lungs. It was a little higher shot than wanted but the entire arrow was inside him. Thanks for looking

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

4. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job. Congrats. I happen to see a lot of deer while climbing up in my climber. Sometimes they look right at me and keep walking like it's normal. Curious I guess

5. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!

6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Afflicted

Afflicted Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well Done

8. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations and you know this is all make believe until we see pics right? :moose:

9. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0312.jpg

10. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good deal.

11. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Nice buck, enjoy!!

12. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats!!!

13. theback4

theback4 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I, too, love shooting deer.

14. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0326.jpg . All done. Two days in the buck boiler and this time I decided to just spray paint skull white. Lemme say , way easier and faster than other methods.

15. Shane0709

Shane0709 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck! Congrats man!

Sent from a piece of paper, tied to a rock.