Sitka vs First lite

Discussion in '2018 Deer Contest' started by TyKawell86, Oct 21, 2018.

1. TyKawell86

TyKawell86 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a hard time as the temperature starts to drop. I'm in the market for a cold weather set and I'm looking at Firstlite sanctuary versus Sitkas incinerator. Just looking for ideas on what has worked for you.

2. Bronson

Bronson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I cant comment on the other brands but Sitka is well worth the money. If you layer the way they are designed to be layered, you could belly crawl in Antarctica! Seriously they put out some great gear. Gear that will last you for many years if you take care of it. I beat the hell out of mine and it still looks new, minus a few briars and stickers! I will say I haven't been overly impressed with their gloves and I have several different pairs. But my hands tend to get cold pretty easily.

3. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Sanctuary jacket from First Lite and it is extremely warm. I’ve never worn Sitka but the key to either brand is layering.

Although, it’s gotta be well below freezing to need to layer much under the sanctuary jacket. It has a built in hand muff that you can slip hand warmers in plus another larger one on the back near your kidneys to keep a larger hand warmer. I’ve been very pleased with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums