Sitka Launch Pad meets Scent Crusher

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Cledus, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Early last season I picked up a Launching Pad from Sitka to store all of my hunting clothes in. It features 6 different pockets to organize your gear in, which for me helped to allow me to get dressed in the dark when I cannot see. I can fit all of my clothing, boots, and bow in this bag when done right. Needless to say, I love using this bag.

Fast forward to the end of December, one of my buddies who works as a rep for several companies, one of them being Scent Crusher, hooked me up with the bag and car units! After seeing them being use on TV I was anxious to see how they worked. Admittedly, I was skeptical at first; always been an advocate for playing the wind. However, these things flat out work when it comes to eliminating odors!

This put me at a crossroad, where I could not decide which bag I favored over the other. The Launch Pad had the organization and room, while the Scent Crusher had the scent elimination. I did what any whitetail crazed hunter would do and I combined the two product. It was actually a pretty easy project in the end. Here is my write up on that project:

Here is a picture of everything needed to complete the project:
    -2 metal washers
    -a tube of Loctite for vinyl fabric
    -a knife/sharp object.

20160215_203043.jpg

Step 1:

The first step was to use my knife to cut out a hole between the inside of the pocket on the front of the bag, that would lead to the inside of the bag. I did this with a regular kitchen steak knife. I made it just big enough to be able to squeeze the tubing through.

20160215_203955.jpg

Step 2:

The second step was to take the two metal washers and run one from each end of tubing, so that there is a washer on each side of the hole. Next, I added a fair amount of Loctite to each washer and held them onto the bag at hole until they were semi dried. Then left them to dry over night.

20160215_204420.jpg

Step 3:

The last step was to just hook the Scent Crusher unit up and store it in the front pouch. I also keep the excess amount of tubing wrapped up in the small center pocket on the inside of the bag, so it is not in the way. I now have a scent eliminating Launch Pad!

20160215_212235.jpg

2. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That is sweet! What kind of sitka gear do you store in the launch pad?