Sitka gear...

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WildernessPhantom, Dec 29, 2019.

1. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of good points here. I get for some, it’s flash and for others, what works better. I guess I just haven’t been cold and wet long enough. To be honest, if someday I am in a position that I could risk the investment for the return, I’d probably try it. I’m also aware that the older I get, the more comfort becomes important. I’m glad I asked. I have been around people that wear it and almost treat people that don’t like 2nd class bowhunters that don’t know what they are doing. Couldn’t be further from the truth. Anyway, I guess I could have gotten similar responses while wording the post a little different. Thanks for all the input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suncrest08 likes this.
  2. justinwmoe88

justinwmoe88 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As my opinion would be I guess I have a few friends that strictly wear Sitka gear, and I will admit the quality is superior to any other hunting clothes I’ve tried on but on the other hand you couldn’t convince me that any pair of bibs and coat together are worth 1,000$. If the price was cheaper I’d be a huge supporter but until then I’ll keep using the ghillie suit in the early season and my predator stuff keeps me plenty warm in the winter...

Westfinger likes this.
  3. Pops423

Pops423 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't justify spending that kind of money. Do yourself a favor and check out https://huntworthgear.com/. it's by far the most comfortable, quietest and warmest camo I've ever own. I use the disruption pattern but they have others if you don't like that look.

4. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My two cents. I am not a person that has to have the latest greatest gear because so and so wears it, its expensive so it must me good, etc. I was very reluctant to try Sitka for a couple of years after they came on the scene.

I broke down and purchased the Fanatic Jacket and Stratus pants way back when it was still a green colored camo. I bought the jacket because I really liked the pocket layout and also having my beloved Kangeroo hand warmer pocket. I wore it a year and discovered it was the best fitting, best designed jacket I have owned to date... with one major issue. The fabric was pilling badly and becoming noisier by the day. Disappointed, I contacted Sitka. I explained the situation and how I was pretty bummed out to spend $350 on a jacket that looks 10 years old after a season of use and is very noisy. The gentleman I spoke to asked me to send him some pictures of the fabric. A day later, I recieved an email from him, asking me to send it back and they'd replace both pieces under warrenty with the newly designed stuff. A couple weeks go by and a box shows up on the porch with the new stuff. How in the world could you complain?

So, Sitka stands behind their products. Its probably the best designed clothing system out there and has worn well for me the last 6 or so years. Yes, its pricey. But if you spend as many days in the woods as I do and demand good clothing to keep you on stand in the coldest temps, etc., its an investment I can live with. I pick up a piece or so every season as I see fit or a sale pops up on an item I want. So far, I've accumulated 10 or so pieces of their gear over the years and its served me incredibly well. I'm sold on the stuff.

fletch920, Okiebob and trial153 like this.
  5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Ty you choose to feel inferior.

tynimiller likes this.
  6. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, no. He was making a joke between friends. Lighten up Francis.

7. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He said us, and it was light hearted sarcasm Francis, sorry I forgot the emoji to sooth any potential hurt feelings.

fletch920 likes this.