Sitka Gear Recommendation

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by AS_WI, Oct 16, 2020.

1. AS_WI

AS_WI Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hi, looking for some layering advice for cold weather treestand bow hunting in WI. I currently have the Sitka Incinerator jacket and Incinerator bibs that I carry to my hunting spots. What would be recommended for base layers, and mid layers (top and bottom)? Is the Sitka Celcius Midi jacket too warm to be combined with the Incinerator jacket? What would work best under the bibs?

Thanks for your help.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I mean you already have the coldest gear they make, now it is purely about layers. Their heavy baselayers are solid, but any reputable thick merino wool or Under Armour's synthetic coldest baselayers are awesome. I have one of their Celsius Midi Jackets coming...it is kinda like their puffy. Can be worn as an outer but definitely as an insulation layer as well.

I'd spend solid money on a heavy baselayer by them, first lite, Minus 33 or Under Armour personally to start. Puffy style pants if needed between them and bases would be next step.

AS_WI likes this.
  3. AS_WI

AS_WI Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the advice!

I have Celcius Midi on order as well. Also picked up a pair of Equinox Midi pants. Already have UA base layers, so I should be good. Thanks again.

Tags: