Sims Quiver?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by SuperKirby, Jan 2, 2016.

1. SuperKirby

SuperKirby Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Settled on a stabilizer, now for a quiver. Looking strongly at the Sims Silent One quiver. Dies anyone have any experience with it? Doesn't seem to be hugely popular but the reviews are generally good. Many other option is the Alpine Power Loc. Looking to keep it around 50.

Thanks

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Many people say that the Apex quivers are just cheap ones too but I've used them for 5 years and still like them.

3. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    My original list started out as the Sims, G5 Headloc, and Apex Reactor. I was leaning towards the G5 but then read a few reviews about how it and the Apex both were noisy and had issues with the mounting brackets. The Alpine seems to have the best reviews but my concern with it is that I believe it can only hold fixed 3 blades up to an 1.25. I don't know what I'm shooting for broadheads yet but poundage will be in the low 60's and 26.5 draw length so I'm thinking I'm probably better off with fixed blades.

4. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're a stand hunter and remove your quiver, I'd recommend NOT spending a great deal of money on a quiver. It makes no sense. Its an arrow caddy too and from the treestand, thats it.

I've been toting an Alpine Soft Loc on my bow for almost 10 years now. Its silent, holds arrows very securely and is easy on and off in the tree. The only thing I did not like was the mounting bracket is kind of bulky. The recent redesigned this quiver and call it the SL2. It features a smaller bracket, etc. I may have to look into it.

The big thing with noise is to make sure that any moving part of the quiver is on the quiver itself, not the mounting bracket on the bow. That way when you remove the quiver, the noise maker comes off.

5. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't see the cost benefit of buying a cheap quiver that needs to be taken off to shoot because it's a rattle trap. Buy once and cry once. Some decent one piece quivers can be had by tight spot, Treelimb, and elite just to name a few.

Not to be discounted in some really great two pieces riser mounted quivers. They are solid, quite and closer to the riser. They also fit in many bow cases without any issue at all.

6. SuperKirby

Dislikes Received:
    After looking around more I ended up buying the Alpine Power Loc. Very quiet and light on or off the bow. Found a pretty good deal on one so still got it for $48 I think it was. I don't plan to shoot with it on the bow buy you never know what will come up. It was the only one I could even kind of afford that didn't have much for complaints about noise or arrow gripping abilities.

7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Agree 100%. I shoot using a hip quiver when practicing or target shooting...an old Kwikee in/on the backpack for hunting.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with trial. I never take my quiver off and use Tightspot quivers. Yeah they are expensive but they are worth it to me. If you take your quiver off then you can buy cheap. If you ever get a shot walking to or from your stand, you may regret having a cheap noisy quiver on your bow though.

9. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A quiver with 5 arrows adds about a pound to the weight of a bow, adds more area for wind to affect it, and the fletching of the arrows give more for an alert animal to see as the hunter brings the bow on target. The way one hunts may or may not make those factors important. But for me those are just some of the reasons I normally don't have a quiver on the bow. I have friends that keep quivers on their bows as it suits their hunting style. Once again its different strokes for different folks.

10. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There are plenty of quivers in the $50 range that are quiet when shooting with it on, plus easy to take off in the tree. I simply don't like shooting with a quiver on the bow, so I take mine off. I messed with a TightSpot and just didn't like it for my needs. Plus I didn't like the single arrow gripper and found the arrows to come out much easier than they do on my old Alpine.