Sight trouble??

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Ricpac, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ricpac

Ricpac Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am right handed which lead me to right handed bows( no duh). But as I was tested at the shop the other day. It seems I am left eye dominant. What does this mean in terms or bow selection? Should I go left handed? Don't close the eye when I shoot? I've never done anything that requires me to have perfect sight line, I have never hunted so I can learn certain things fast as I don't need to unlearn bad habits

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I were starting fresh as you are, I'd go with a left handed bow. Most will say that it's better to go with your dominant eye. Having said that, I'm right handed, left eye dominant and shoot right handed :busted: I've been shooting guns so long with my weak eye I became cross dominant, so I stuck with my strong hand when I picked up a bow.

3. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm left eye dominant an shoot right handed, an can honestly say I do nothin different or anythin.

4. MJF1229

MJF1229 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am the same way I left eye dominant shoot good right handed. The more you do it the more you'll get use to it.

5. wings435

wings435 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am somewhat opposite. I am left handed in nearly everything, yet right eye dominant. I have been shooting rifle right handed for years and fell easily into a right handed bow. It was a bugger getting used to using my right hand for a handgun though.