sight suggestions

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by DarkTater, Jan 27, 2021.

1. DarkTater

DarkTater Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I guess I'm an outlier, I need a sight that I can cut down the brightness of the pins. I'm already considering .010 pins, but wanted to check here for feedback on any of the sights with a rheostat type deal that lets you cut down the amount of light. Older eyes have a hard time with halo or starburst. I'm also looking at just running a scope with a dot, but figured I'd ask before shelling out that kind of money.

thanks

2. camo75

camo75 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sword sights are built very well but they do not have pins as bright as most of the popular brands. You might check them out. If you need a photo of the sight picture from one of their sights I can snap one from my Twighlight Hunter.

DarkTater likes this.
  3. DarkTater

Dislikes Received:
    thanks
    Thanks, that would be awesome! I'll take a look at those

4. camo75

Dislikes Received:
    FEA891F7-1F50-443B-8962-9F960F45E80C.jpeg 62F8B44A-FCE3-4D31-926F-A1BCF30AD544.png Well in the house they seem to be pretty close to each other. Outside the 3 pin seems brighter to me. I’m not sure I helped you very much but they are worth a look. 40362987-A2BB-4CE2-9C2B-90B8D8B2158C.png

5. DarkTater

Dislikes Received:
    Eddy G likes this.
  6. camo75

Dislikes Received:
    Having the same issues as you. I found a verifier that cleared up some issues.

DarkTater likes this.
  7. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My HHA single pin has a "rheostat" system on it, it is just a mechanical setup. (Not sure if you would want just a single pin?)
    The FO is wrapped around the diameter of the sight pin housing and it has a sliding cover that you can use to cover or expose the FO wraps. Works really well for me so I can keep the pins from having a halo effect.

DarkTater likes this.
  8. DarkTater

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Mod-it, I don't have any problem with a single pin. I'll at the HHA's more, thanks!

Mod-it likes this.
  9. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Look at the HHA single pin, .019 with the adjustable rheostat .. which is a hood that can be slid back and forth to allow more or less light on the fibers ... a .010 pin is worse for a person with bad eyes ... I just got a new Tetra TTR 5519, which is an upgrade from my old OL5519, I really like it .... Ive been a singe pin shooter since the days of the SightMaster single pin (over 20 yrs) ... I very seldom move it from my 25 yd setting in hunting situations ... I am deadly from 5- 40 yds just by holding over or under slightly (no more splitting gaps, using the wrong pin, and a much much clearer sight picture )... Mine is the 1 5/8" and they do make a 1 3/4" for those wanting a larger hood Dia. ... I'm at 289fps and with the 25 yd setting, I'm always in the kill out to 33 yds, and only hold over a tad past that, level on a deers back at 40yds .. I shoot alot at unknown distances/3D and am deadly with it left at the 25yds setting, some will set a 27yd or even 30 yds for this... this is where faster is better for a flatter trajectory, or you can adjust to the exact distance if time allows ...

https://www.hhasports.com/tetra/

download (4).jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
    DarkTater likes this.
  10. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here’s a good pic showing how the mechanical rheostat on an HHA works. You simply adjust the front portion of the sight housing in/out to cover/expose the FO wraps as needed.
    I'll also add that I really like my HHA, it is an older Optimizer Lite that has a pendulum rather than a wheel. It has tool-less windage adjustment too.
    6D2C32EB-88E9-48D8-8D6B-BD1E32A7DC10.jpeg

DarkTater likes this.