Sight and rest

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by charleshibner92, Feb 3, 2017.

1. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey yal jus went to my local elite dealer today and plan on buyin a new bow in the future. I really like them. Jus wondering what sight and rest combo some of yall use i would like to biy them ahead of my bow so i dnt die of shock from the bill maybe easy the load lol. I want a dropaway rest and one pin site thoughts?

2. Bowman92

Bowman92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Whats your budget for the rest and sight?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

3. charleshibner92

charleshibner92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I dnt no if i have one il buy it if i want it and it reasonable.. 300$ sight is jus stupid Im for reasonable but not a cheapskate

4. Bowman92

Bowman92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHA has a sport optimizer lite thats $130

Sent from my SM-G920V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

5. anotesten

anotesten Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used to think the same about expensive sites but decided to put an HHA Optimizer King Pin single pin on my new bow and really like it. After using it for a few months now I'm glad I bought it. It was more than I intended to spend but well worth it. I also have a Qad HDX rest, it's quiet and easy to setup.

6. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    QAD or Smackdown. I use both and both are great rests.

If I had to only have one............................... probably Smackdown.

7. Velvetbuck

Velvetbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Qad hdx rest and I like spothogg or black gold sights they have nice single pin sights and very durable with a no questions asked warranty.

8. Planopurist

Planopurist Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It depends on what kind of archery you're into. I'm a whitetail bowhunter first. I spent more money on my rest (QAD HDX Ultra, PSE specific) because I feel like you can get away without a high end sight in hunting. I chose a Trophy Ridge Hitman 5.

Your hunting style dictates pin style to me. It's a personal preference. I hunt from a ground blind with a max distance of about 25 yards. I can get away with a single fixed pin if I wanted to. I never know when I might have to make a random shot outside of my typical hunting area.

Deer come in quickly during the rut and you never know what distance they'll present. I fear not having time to adjust a slider.

Which leads me to a hybrid sight. Simply the best of both worlds. I may look into a few of those for my next sight. It's hard to beat Trophy Ridge prices and their pin housing really catches light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk