Sierra Trading Post Icebreaker Merino Wool

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by chopayne, Sep 24, 2013.

1. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Men's Underwear & Base Layer up to 70% off at Sierra Trading Post

Icebreaker Bodyfit 150 Crew Base Layer Top - Merino Wool, Long Sleeve (For Men) - Save 30%

RedRam by Icebreaker Merino Wool Base Layer Top - Zip Neck, Long Sleeve (For Men) - Save 33%

Anyone have reviews about this website in general?

Secondly, what is the difference between this merino wool and Sitka and First Lite? There is a 30% discount, you just have to google it for sierra trading, but it discounts the merino wool ALOT. I ordered a pair, but just wondering why I should go first lite vs icebreaker redram merino wool?

2. TheFist

TheFist Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello, I've ordered alot from Sierra Trading post. Its a great site.

As far as Merino goes, in my experience, its best to buy this stuff that has been discounted and isnt marketed to hunters specifically. I've used Firstlite and found their product very weak. Merino shirt with about 14 days of use had numerous holes rubbed everywhere my back pack touched my body.

Merino is generally pretty thin to begin with and durability may be an issue no matter the brand so you're better off buying the cheaper stuff. Its all the same anyways and you don't pay the premium that companies like First Lite and Sitka charge.

I have some Redram stuff and its been awesome. Anytime I find good deals on that stuff in my size I buy it.

3. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hmm, I should do it as an experiment. I just bought some first lite stuff, ill try the icebreaker stuff from sierra. Thanks

4. Dirt Nap Gear

Dirt Nap Gear Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree. Sierra trading post is a great site. They have nice stuff and ship quickly. Plus, the prices are always good.