Side by Side or 4 wheeler

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Sota, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The house is in a trust we are staying, the kids are staying, the point of moving to where we did was to give our kids and their kids a lake place. I may just go all in on a side by side, problem is my inability to spend money. My boats and all toys I paid cash for, problem with me I look at the savings balance and feel secure I hate to take a penny out of savings.

2. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I flat out prefer an atv over a utv. With utv's being what they are and have become today I don't know why people don't just go back to jeepin'. Utv's today aren't much different. I understand them for people who have no riding skill and would wind up hurt on an atv, the utv has a roll cage and so is much better protection against injury for the people that roll them.
    With that being said, there is no comparison to a utv when the weather is poor. Rain, wet snow, etc., they are awfully nice to protect you.
    Imagine it is snowing sideways and just plain nasty out. Do you want to ride to your fishing shack exposed to that sitting on top of an atv, or inside the cab of a utv?
    For your situation I'd go with the utv every time. The base price of a decent utv will give you sticker shock...and then the real r**ing begins when you start adding the accessories to enclose, heat, windshield wipers. I'd definitely get power steering too, wouldn't even consider one without after driving my daughter and SIL's Razor that doesn't have it.
    Properly taken care of it will last you the rest of your hunting/fishing days and you'll be comfortable in it no matter what the weather is doing.

Sota likes this.
  3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For what a side by side costs I could buy and redo a really nice wille's jeep.

Mod-it and greatwhitehunter3 like this.
  4. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    .[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

jrk_indle84 and Sota like this.