Shooting After Hernia

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hotrod9, May 7, 2019.

1. SD guy

SD guy Newb

Dislikes Received:

My take is the sooner you get off the pain meds the better after surgery. Two days at most before getting away from the meds was my take. A good bit of pain may be a good thing if it keeps the patient from getting after it too soon. the more you can utilize the Ice packs to reduce the swelling the better those first couple days as well.

When I was taking the pain meds the day following surgery I had to consciously make a point to take it easy as the pain meds worked that well. Too good if that is possible. Then the meds can be very addictive so I made a point to flush them after day two. Did not want the temptation as I did like them despite the constipation that accompanied those meds.

Got by with a little Aleve day time and Ibuprofen evenings after day two and allowed a little pain to hang around to keep me in check.

No regrets! glad to have this done . Only been a month so far , though I am hopeful this is the last time I have need to do this also.

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not as of yet. I do feel a tugging sensation rom time to time when I’m exerting myself. It also bothers me when I gain a lot of weight and my belly fat pushes on it I guess haha.

3. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yea if I do get something done the pain meds shouldn't be a problem. I hate taking them things. Never really feel right when have been on them before. No major surgery but the few times I've been prescribed them I've only taken a couple.

Idk still gotta wait couple weeks before check up so maybe it's nothing but sometimes doin certain things it feels like something is goin on. Idk what they feel like when have one though either ha.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. Paul Frey

Paul Frey Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I waited a month before I did anything after my umbilical hernia surgery.