Shoot Broadheads before season.

Discussion in 'Target Archery' started by x ring300, Jul 29, 2013.

1. x ring300

x ring300 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It is a great idea to shoot your broadheads before you shoot at game .Then you know how they shoot and get familer with your equipment before the moment of turth. Personally I use dull heads to practice and the club I shoot at has a 10 week league that I shoot in.Its also great to learn how to guess at yardage's and plus it's alot of fun to have get together's with other bowhunters . Shooting well this year hope to put meat in the freezer . Always x ring300

2. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is a great idea. I use to shoot one broadhead for practice. However, since Rage broadheads hit the market, I don't do that anymore. I shoot Rage broadheads and the Practice Tip flies just like the Broadheads. I am sure NAP Killzones do the same since their practice heads mimics the size and weight of the Killzone broadheads. So, for Rage and NAP Killzone users, you can keep your broadheads for hunting season.

3. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck. I also shoot dull Broadheads prior to the start of the season. Since I shoot kill ones they come with practice tips in each pack so it's very convenient. Another thing I like to do is walk through scenarios in a stand with someone moving the target around. Have the other person put I in random spots while your back is turned then turn around(once they are well out of the way in a safe spot of course), estimate the yardage and take a shot. Really helps me improve my yardage estimates an get more comfortable in the stand.