Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Sheds... a favor!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Christine, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Big favor to ask of you shed hunters:

Background..... A year ago today, my step brother Matt died from cancer. He was only 37. He left behind two young daughters. Matt wasn't a hunter but he was an avid hiker, skiier and enjoyed fishing. He lived in Ogden Utah and hiked all over mountains there and his daughters often went with him, as far as thier little legs could go. They loved to see all the critters and particularly the mule deer out there.

Anyhow, not long after Matt died, his older daughter Sydney found a mule deer antler in the snow and was really excited about it and has searched high and low for more. Her younger sister found an antler colored forked stick and has been pretty thrilled about that too. Nobody, not even her older sister has told her that it's just a stick. Why ruin it for her? :D

This winter my nieces are excited to go out and look for antlers again on the mountain behind their house. My dad (stepdad really, but he raised me.. so he's 'dad' to me) is not deer savy at all and even tho' I've given him some tips about finding antlers (like I know what I'm doing.. ha!) .... he's worried he won't be able to get his granddaughters on any antlers. So he's asked me for some sheds, just in case. He'd like to put them out if the girls get otherwise skunked. (they're still very young so he wants them to have fun with this)

Unfortunately, I'm not a shed person. The very few that I've ever found, I've already given away.

SO.. I'm asking for help! If any of you have any shed antlers I could beg off of you, I'd be very grateful. They don't have to be mule deer antlers. The girls won't care. They don't have to be big. I will gladly pay shipping for them. I could probably even pay a token amount for the antler but honestly, I have no idea what an antler is worth. I do want them to be sheds and not cut off the skull.

Matt and his daughters in Nov 2010
    Matt1.jpg

Thanks in advance!

2. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man I wish I was a SUCCESSFUL shed hunter.

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How many do you need ?? I don't have muley sheds but I have found a few WT sheds over the years. Sets, singles, big, small, dark , white... I think I got it covered for you. I've really enjoyed shed hunting with my kids so would really like to help you out. Shoot me a pm with an address and how many you want.

Tim

4. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Tim! Pm sent.

:D