Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Shed Hunting Tips from Bill Winke, Mark & Terry Drury, Kandi Kisky, Mike Hanback!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by Wired To Hunt, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Wired To Hunt

Wired To Hunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    With shed hunting in full swing now that March is here, I recently got in touch with a number of expert shed hunters in the industry and asked for their best shed hunting tips! What we got back has been great and I just posted what I think is one of the most comprehensive shed hunting resources you can find online. Like I said in the title, we've got tips from Bill Winke, the Drurys, Mike Hanback, Kandi Kisky, the Whitetail Properties team, Tony Hansen of Realtree, Todd Pringnitz of WKP, Jeff Lindsey from Drury Outdoors, Scott Bestul (Field & Stream's whitetail columnist) and a few more. Additionally we linked to all of our past shed hunting articles which include tips from Mike Hunsucker and Matt White of Heartland Bowhunter, and author of the one and only shed hunting book, Joe Shead!

I'm pretty pumped about this, so I just had to share it with you guys! Check out the article and if you have any other tips feel free to share them here or on W2H!

The Ultimate Shed Hunting Resource - Expert Shed Hunting Tips, Strategies and Suggestions

2. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's interesting, because I wouldn't consider any one of those individuals to be a leading expert in shed hunting.

No offense... Just sayin'.

If you're looking to put together a real comprehensive guide to shed hunting, as opined by real bona-fide shed hunting experts, you should've tapped NASHC, and other dedicated shed hunting forums (like this one).

I'd bet that not one of the above-listed breaks 100 miles of shed hunting in a season. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was my initial reaction.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2011
  3. Wired To Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Fair enough "quick", to each his own!

4. BMoreCrazy

BMoreCrazy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great resource. Thanks

5. Wired To Hunt

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Bmore! Hope this is helpful for everyone!

6. ICALL2MUCH

ICALL2MUCH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great article, congrats on putting together a great piece!

I think each of those gentleman have found more sheds in one year than I will in 5. I learned some stuff, that's for sure!