Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Shed hunt gone bad !!

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Jan 14, 2011.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Took off to check a spot where a group of deer had been feeding. Buried my truck on the road trying to get there. A lot of shoveling... some cussing and 45 minutes of my life were lost. I was still 2 miles away from that spot I wanted to get to. I hadn't even got to the normal bad spots in that road so I turned around and got out of there.

The second side road to spot number 2 wasn't much better and I got stuck again but managed to get out of there in about 5 minutes. Got within 1.5 miles from spot 2 before giving up as the road was blocked.

Took another side road to spot number 3. Made it to within 3/4s of a mile before stopping. This time I wasn't even stuck !!! :nana: The group of deer in that spot were feeding and some were bedded down. I pulled out the spottng scope and could see quite a few racked bucks. One buck had lost a side but the rest were carrying both sides. I got to watch my big guy for 10 minutes while he feed. He is the one I am really interested in. He is still carrying both sides. That ended any thought of going in there to look for sheds.

Where I was sitting... I was 1.5 miles from spot number 1 and could see some deer over there. I could see a few racked bucks with one buck having a side missing. Love my spotting scope !!!!

All in all... I seen close to 20 bucks still carrying. Not much point in hitting those spots yet for sheds.

Tim

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Only you could ruin a perfectly good day to shed hunt... I haven't saw a deer out driving in a couple weeks... I am talking one single deer.

3. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Boy our deer are feeding/bedding out in the open all day. Kind of nice for glassing to see what is still carrying.

Tim

4. Outdrdave

Outdrdave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    glad you didnt mess the truck up too bad and you were still able to do some shed scouting.

5. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    If"n you had a Jeep that would never have happened :poke:

6. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If'n I had a jeep... I would still be stuck in the first spot... just a lot farther in !!! I had a 76 jeep pickup quite a few years back. You got that stuck... you were too far in for anyone to get to you to pull you out. I had 31 inch tires on it. I had to sell it because I need some quick cash. :cry: Still miss it. It was a fun truck and could take a beating.

Tim

7. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    :whip:10 Lashes for you Timmer's :D feel it, huh, feel it :D LOL

8. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ah come on Tim, just "blow" right through those drifts! LMAO .. whoops did I say that again! :)

9. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I remember right... you said " Hit it fast... I wanna see some snow fly !!! " . Then I remember us having to stop shortly after to dig the snow out of the engine compartment... put the fan belt back on and try to dry out the inside of distributor cap. Then we limp it back to the farm shop to thaw the truck out... pull the air filter cause that was even plugged up with snow.

Just so you could see some snow fly ... which it did. :lol:

Tim

10. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    OOOOOHHH :busted:

11. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here's to you Mr. Shed Hunter.

[​IMG]