Shed addict?

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by kansasjosh, Dec 16, 2010.

1. kansasjosh

kansasjosh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went to check a camera today and not much recent action on it. Only 2 more weeks of bow/buck season here in KS but I'm still at it. Had to laugh at myself though when I thought "man I'm going to take this down and hike it into that new shed spot to see who's in there and if any have dropped yet"!!!

So that got me to thinking you might be a shed addict if........

You insist on bringing binocs and taking the back roads on any kind of trip with the family. (shopping, etc.)

You will hike a mile to get to that white thing that looks like tines sticking up way over on that far hill.....only to get there and realize it's just a rib cage.
    Sometimes they keep looking better the closer you get until you actually get there!

I've got some more but I know you guys have some too!

2. MN/Kyle

MN/Kyle Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Every small buck I've passed this year I've literally said to myself, or on film "I hope I can find his sheds" lol. This started in about October.

This snow we got is really going to suck for sheddin' this year. Last year I was spoiled.

3. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A ribcage huh? I've had sticks and limbs fool me all the way until I walk up on them. You gotta check em though. :)

4. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm gonna hit it hard after xmas. Looking forward to the exercise and finding some bone. :)

5. kansasjosh

kansasjosh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Drove 3 hours one way last spring to get a set of "locked up" heads a friend at work saw while working around a county road bridge. Turned out to be 2 heads someone had thrown out of their truck going over the bridge that were not locked together at all. There was a piece of skin from one that had just gotten stuck to the other one probably while they were laying in a pile of hides, etc. The info on where to find them came from a non-hunter and I guess I should have asked way more questions before I went out there. Definately an exciting drive out there with a letdown upon finding them. But I knew if I didn't go check it out I would regret it so you never know!

Attached Files: