Shawnee National Forest

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by Jack57, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Jack57

Jack57 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hows everyone doing. I had a couple question and was wondering if anyone a little more experienced than I could help me out and answer the questions I have. I'm looking to do a hunt out in shawnee national forest down in southern IL and was wondering (now sorry if I ask dumb questions I'm new to bowhunting) Am I able to walk right in during deer season and start walking around hunting? also if I want to camp in the middle of the woods and find my own spot can I do that or do I need a permit for something? If anyone on here has ever hunted shawnee please let me know how the hunting is where the good hunting is at and also where are some spots I can go way off the beaten path away from other hunters. Thank you again for baring with me on this. Like I said I'll take all the help I can get even if anyone has tips for backpacking hunts.

Thank you

2. KRAZO

KRAZO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'd suggest calling a local conservation officer. They'll tell you what's legal & not & im sure you can ask about etiquette in that area. They may also share with you where they see the most pressure or the most people who have success. They're also good contacts to have just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Jack57

Jack57 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for the help

4. kurtzgreg1561

kurtzgreg1561 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Google Earth is your friend but its a great idea to contact local game management for legality questions and tips.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Jack57 likes this.