Sharpening NAP Hellrazors...?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WesternMdHardwoods, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Out of the package they have never been able to shave the hair clean off. They'll cut it, but not shave like you would get from a replaceable blade. This is primarily due to the angle of the blade. On a replaceable blade broadhead the angle is much less steep, which results in a sharper edge. I would venture to say that most razor blades on replacable heads are probably in the 15-20* range. Due to the design of the Hellrazor is has a steeper angle of 30* and therefore feels less sharp. However, it's not always about the angle of the blade so much as it is the smoothness of the edge. NAP's sharpening process removes all burrs, nicks and other imperfections which leaves a clean, smooth edge that cuts cleanly and helps prevent clotting.

Think of a razor blade versus a hunting knife. Both will get the job done, despite the fact that the razor is considerably sharper. However, the thicker hunting knife can withstand a lot more damage than the razor blade can. This is the case w/the HellRazor. You give up a little bit of that razorblade sharpness for the durability of the one-piece construction.

All in all, I'm super happy w/my HellRazors and fully intend on shooting a freezer full of critters with them this fall. :tu:

2. ruttnutt

ruttnutt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've shot hellrazors for the past three years and I have to say they are top notch! Very easy to sharpen on a regular stone. I've shot multiple deer with the same head and its still as good as new with a quick swipe on the ol stone. The buck in my avatar feel victim to a hellrazor!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011