semi live daily hunting stories in PA for the last week of archery.

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Out_in_the_PA_woods, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Out_in_the_PA_woods

Out_in_the_PA_woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started the day off by dragging some tinks on a scent rag behind me to my stand. I have planned a all day sit so pulling out all the tricks. Just after day break I can see off in the distance there is a deer walking within 20 yards of my hunting blind while I sit in my ladder stand on the other side of the property. This kinda bummed me out until I heard some leaves russling coming up the path I walked in, and then there was horns! All 4 points hehe. About two hours later I watch a red squirrel which I have named Fred pull a half eaten crab apple out of a nook in a tree and started to eat it. I decided to join Fred for breakfast and ate my P&J sandwich. That was 4 hours ago I got a little under 4 hours left on this 12 hour sit hope things pick up.

What is every one else doing to get a buck to walk by and how have your hunts been going?

2. PinkPony

PinkPony Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My hunts have not been good, at all. I cannot do an all day sit though - just no attention span for that (I have too many other things I could be doing)!

I started off the year in my one stand off the field. The leaves have since fallen and it makes it stick out too much. Had a spout of small game hunters tresspassing on my land, too. So, that all made me have to move. Moved to a different stand - which has a one to two deer limit. If you see one deer - that is all you see. If two are together, that's it for the sit. Been true every time. Biggest buck I've seen out of it is a four point. At least once a day the squirt comes in. Haven't had anything in range from this stand, though.

Work is putting a damper on this season. Wanted to take Friday off - but the other person I work with took half a day. So I have Friday evening and Saturday all day. I have yet to get anything. Becoming another disappointing season.

3. Out_in_the_PA_woods

Out_in_the_PA_woods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That evening around 3:30 I heard some turkeys in the field above me so after sitting that long I told myself if they would walk down I would try to take my first turkey with a bow, They never showed up just teased me with a few clucks here and there to keep me interested for about 45 minutes. after about the tenth hour I told my self I would sit for a few minutes after shooting time to see if anything was moving. About 5 minutes left of shooting time and I heard this crashing through the woods about 35 yards below me, were I hunt I can get about 25 yard shot it is really think brush. I seen there tails go and I was instantly disappointed, I was being super still I had good scent control and zero wind. Then here they come again crashing through the woods and back and forth and back and forth, then I realized I had just witnessed my first rut activity! It was almost like on TV except it was only two deer and to far away to make out the horns on the buck and it was dark. So after the noise calmed down I stood up got my legs working from sitting so long and packed up and headed out and that was my all day hunt Monday.

4. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see this until now.

Been an extremely slow November. The weather really shutdown the rut for hunters and of course it was perfect the last few days of the season.