Selling a house sucks

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by LittleChief, Sep 17, 2018.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LittleChief, CONGRATS. I gotta tell you, my wife and I have sold 7 homes in our 39 year marriage. We sold one in less than 3 hours after listing and another took 6 months while I was commuting 444 miles each weekend. I have to say "YOU DONE GOOD!"

LittleChief likes this.
  2. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    No way could I be upset with my realtor. She spent a lot of time researching comparables and searching for more to get us as much as we possibly could. There just weren't many comparables that helped us. In her defense, in the history of their company there have only been three other homes in the entire county that appraised for this price per square foot. This appraisal was a shock to everyone. We got VERY lucky to get the appraiser we got. He took into account all of the improvements, remodeling, fencing and any other work I had done over the years.

Picman was spot-on. We took that offer with a smile and got the hell out of the house before we broke something.

3. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You are more knowledgeable on this than me for sure. I’m glad you guys are happy with the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleChief likes this.
  4. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Actually I don't know jack about this. We just got very lucky.

Now that the sale is behind us and I'm sitting in this little temporary dump (and I do mean dump) I'm renting in Kentucky so we have a place to keep our SIX dogs until we close on our new place, maybe I can finally get some rest and do a little hunting.

I don't remember the last time I was this mentally and physically fatigued.