Segment Idea for one of the shows Justin

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by cmonsta, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was sitting in a tree messing around with the very little camera equipment I have and realized I don't have a clue what I am doing. So, I was wondering if yourself, Todd, or even some prostaff members could shoot a video helping people just starting out in self filming. I figure it should be easy. Attach a hang on just a couple feet off the ground so a camera man can walk around and tape the speaker. I have looked for videos on this with no luck, and I don't learn well by reading on a topic, helps me a lot to see it. Would be nice if they could go over as much details they think of. From going over every piece of equipment, what they look for in each piece (how many sections they like on their camera arm and why, what types of things they look for in a camera and so on), and how they like to set everything up. Sounds kind of dumb, but I had a hard time deciding how high to set up my camera arm, so even little tips like that could mean the world of difference to someone like me. Also talk about if there's any different way they set up their stands to make self filming easier. An example is I'm right handed, and I tend to set up my stands so that the deer I'm expecting will come on my left, so I could possible take the shot sitting and eliminate the extra movement of standing. But, I think it would be harder to get the footage like that. So talking about stuff like would help a lot too. Anyway, just a thought. I hope it is something you can consider and I am sure it would be a big help to a lot of us. Thank you in advance.

John

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    John - great idea! I'll definitely try to work with Todd to film that segment sometime during the late season or early spring. We'll either incorporate it into the show, or put it on Bowhunting.com as it's own stand alone video. Either way it's definitely something we'll do as we get quite a few requests for that type of info.

3. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Funny you bring this up, I had thought about doing just that sometime after the season. For the short time I have been doing it I have learned so much as what works and what gets you in a bind.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome thank you both! Yes I think it will help a very large group of us that want to get into it. It is so much harder then many could guess, and I spent more time getting mad at my set up then enjoying the woods the few times I've tried. I think a helping hand would make a huge difference and help me get into that side of the sport. Then I just have to figure out the editing part lol.

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
  6. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good idea. I would find this helpful too. Since im looking to get into this as well.

Sent from my HTC Hero S

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. bowhunter42

bowhunter42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah Justin just remember you want to get the deer in the frame when you shoot. Lol

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2