Securing pop up blind to platform (Not hub style blind)

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by JHasty, May 21, 2019.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys wanted to see if anyone could give me some ideas. We do a sale for just employees at the place I work and I found 2 pop up blinds last year. These are the spring style type and not hub style. I am planning on building a small platform this season for the blind to set on so I can take my little girl with me to see if we can get her a deer with a crossbow. The blinds don't have the lashing straps or anywhere I could use to tie it off to keep it from blowing off of the platform in the wind. I was trying to see if anyone else ever ran into this issue and if so what did you do to fix it/secure your blind whether it was on the ground or on a platform. Thanks in advance.

Billybob619 likes this.
  2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've got hub style on a platform so idk if this will work. But to hold the bottom down I got some big washer, fender washer is what we call them, with hole just big enough for screws and screwed the blind down to platform on all the loops made for stakes. There was one on each corner and one in middle on mine but like said idk if will be same on yours. It seemed to hold it down pretty well all fall and is actually still out there right now.

Should add I also folded mine down when not using, but it did get left up sometimes and never blew off platform or got damaged in wind.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JHasty and Billybob619 like this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have two that stay up year round I can show you the one I did last year. Both I just took a galvanized deck nail pounded it in a bit over half way then pounded it over. I'll try and get the pics up of one thats been out 7 years a bit later. Both blinds are on this N/W facing hill. The winds are brutal. The snow heavy. Never had a problem.
    20180907_131631_resized.jpg 20180907_131707_resized.jpg

JHasty likes this.