Second deer of the year, heart broken....

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by OHbowhntr, Nov 15, 2012.

1. OHbowhntr

OHbowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Killed my second deer of the year this morning, just a "big" button buck, though he was a doe still hanging with his momma, looked more like a year and a half old doe, but irregardless, it'll be meat for the freezer. The slick trick zipped through the top of his heart, and then the arrow stuck in his off side leg, resulting in a broken arrow as he zipped by the first tree trying to get the hell out of dodge. Little fella only ran about 45-50yds. Watching his likely only a year older brother with a cute little 6 pt. rack chase a doe around for a while, before they left my area, still wondering where all of their grand-daddy is so I can see if I can break his heart too.... :D Two deer both heart shot, I'm starting to really like this new Hoyt Alphaburner.... :tu:

The property I'm hunting is one in which the landowner has asked that I shoot deer if possible, therefore I put an arrow in this deer thinking it was a doe trying to comply with the landowner's wishes, while also trying to hang out and locate my nice buck. Probably burnt that spot for a while, but I have 3 other spots that I can concentrate my efforts.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012