Scrape drippers

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by buttonbuckmaster, Oct 13, 2014.

1. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I picked one up this weekend as an impulse buy. Planning on hanging it later this week. Anyone had luck using them?

2. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have one as we'll I'm gonna try for the first time. There is a great thread on here about "mock scrapes".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I use them every year. I put one out just a few weeks ago and had 29 visits from both bucks and does over a 7 day period. Drippers keep the scrape fresh while you're not there.

My advice:
    Make sure to be scent free when creating the mock scrape. Brush away the leaves on the ground to expose the dirt, use a stick to disturb the ground a bit and then spray the ground with scrape starter or active scrape. Then pour the rest in the dripper and hang it from about 6-7 feet above the dirt area you cleared away. Make sure to do this in an area where there's a licking branch at about chest to head height close to the scrape that the deer can chew on and rub their pre-orbital glands on. As a finishing touch I like to use a little EverClam at the base of the tree, this isn't necessary but I tried it both this year and last year. Last year I didn't notice any difference but this year I have had more deer visit my mock scrape than ever before. After a few weeks the scrape starter will run out. If you have deer visiting the scrape then you can switch from scrape starter to doe urine or buck urine. Once the rut comes in, switch to doe estrus.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  4. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I do it and hang a camera over it. They definitely work.

Blessings.........Pastorjim