Scorpyd Velocity 165...

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by 1st Time Hunter, Jun 20, 2014.

1. 1st Time Hunter

1st Time Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What are your thoughts?

2. oldguy54

oldguy54 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being toying with the idea but the weight scares me off

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was just browsing crossbows this morning and that was one that caught my eye. I thought it had alot of great features and seemed to be very innovative. But I gotta say that the price would scare me off. One that really caught my eye was the CenterPoint Sniper 370. For the price, this little gem had tons of features. Check it out!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

Last edited: May 6, 2017
    Swamp Stalker likes this.
  4. randy3003

randy3003 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Totally an awesome bow. My hunting partner of nearly fourth years shoots one and he loves it. Me, I've only been shooting Xows for a couple years now, but I like my Barnetts. Great quality and fast. Good luck with your selection, whatever you choose.

5. Cottontop

Cottontop Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just picked up a used silver vent. 150. With the long sled this thing cocks easier then my Excalibur 330. For a 150, it chucks a 400 grain arrow at 395fps. I have learned quite a bit about how to feed this thing, it seems that once you get past the 350 fps threshold things start to get fussy about flight. 22" Black Eagle Executioners work well but after spine matching the shafts I can get five arrows touching each other at 50 yards. The trigger is pretty good, not as crisp as a trigger tech but still good. The bow is pretty quiet as crossbows go, more of a loud metallic click then the usual loud thump at the shot. I still need to hunt with this a few more times to make an overall decision. Performance wise, its awesome. The 165 should be very similar.