Scoring your buck...must read please!!!!

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Nov 6, 2013.

1. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, seriously guys I realize this is a for fun contest and most of us do the scoring ourselves, but doing these following things will GREATLY increase your measurement accuracy!

-Once you've measured once, get out a fresh sheet a paper or flip over the one you just used as to avoid first measurements affecting a now SECOND set of measuring....you will amaze yourself in how much of a difference this can make.

-ASK OTHER GUYS ON YOUR TEAM, THE SITE OR AROUND YOUR AREA if it seems reasonable!

-Look at other people's bucks as reference that either had a licensed scorer do it (they'll post the scorecard often) or are seasoned vets at scoring. As a reference below are some bucks I at least would be very confident referring to for just eye ball comparisons:

*Disclaimer...this are scores for the most part as they were reported I didn't check the math of all, just some. While they may be off an 1/8 here or 3/8 there, for the most part these are very accurate figures even if off a touch total wise.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some of the scores this year have been "a little" mysterious. It's for fun, but I also don't want anyone to make a "butt" of themselves in the real world when someone is like "Dude that thing is at best insert number."

A lot of the time running score by another person, double measuring and then comparisons can point out glaring and sometimes minor mistakes we make when scoring.

Just a FYI thread today.