Scentblocker & Trinity scent control question

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by wfowlks, Aug 24, 2016.

1. wfowlks

wfowlks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So being new... and trying to be on a budget, I saw the sale at scentblocker.com and I was thinking of getting some of the trinity spray so that I could just spray some jeans and a sweatshirt/jacket.

I know the most important thing is to stay down wind, but being new... I'll take all the help I can get.

If you have used the trinity Scent blocker spray how much of the bottle do you typically use for 1 application/trip to the field? I was thinking of getting the 64oz but I didn't want to have so much that I would have the same stuff for like 5 seasons.

Specifically I was looking at: ScentBlocker Trinity Blast Scent Eliminator | SBTB | Scent Control Liquids | Robinson Outdoor Products

Thanks!

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I would look at Dead Down Wind's Field Spray. In a normal season I go through 2 or 3 24oz bottles.

3. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It never goes as far as you think it will go. I think to be effective a generous amount needs to be applied. Not soaking but not just a little mist either. By the time I get everything from my boots to my hat and backpack and everything in between the bottle gets alot lighter. So I would go with say a 64 Oz to keep at the truck then I always carry a small bottle to re apply at my tree.

4. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    As the others have said it won't go as far as you think it will. I typically go thru 2 or 3 of the smaller bottles. I have used both the scentblocker and the dead down wind and I haven't seen a big difference. I would look into a complete scent control system. Like laundry, shower, Field spray.

5. wfowlks

wfowlks Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks, yeah I did get the full management. Laundry detergent, dryer sheet, body wash, deodorant, and spray

6. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I would recommend going to walmart and buying a box of the extra large ziplock bags and baking soda. I would run your laundry machine with unscented detergent once, before adding your garments. same goes with the dryer and dryer sheets. after you've cleaned your garments I would place sprinkle a little of the baking soda in the bottom of the extra large ziplock bags and then add your garments. Baking soda will break down scent and is very cheap. I do this and only open the bag once I'm in the field. Meaning I get dressed at my truck to avoid as much scent collecting as possible. Also, remember to do this process with you shower towel. no use in using body wash if you just dry off with a normal towel.

if the on line sale seems reasonable then proceed. if you don't use it all it makes for a good back up if you run out of other stuff.

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Same here. I use DDW as well and 3 bottles take me through the hunting season.