Scentblocker Boots

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by jfergus7, Sep 15, 2008.

1. isaiah

isaiah Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    had a nice pair of rockys a few years back and the bottoms completely fell apart!!!!!!!! irish setters for me only now!

2. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't had the bottom fall off but I have had some problems with the fabrics splitting at the seams. The tongue on one is just completely falling apart. But like I said I am real happy with the new ScentBlocker's.

3. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    What size did you end up getting?

4. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I don't remember. I will check when I go home tomorrow and let you know. If they fit and you want them that's fine. Like I said they have only been worn for 2 days. I don't mind keeping them either if not. I can always add a secodn pair of socks during the real cold days and they will fit just fine!

5. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a pair of Scent Blocker 12" Pursuits at Sportsman's Guide for 99 bucks. Just got them yesterday but I was pretty impressed with them. Wool liners and they run just a little large, probly can wear some really thick socks! ONly thing I didn't like was the liners are not removeable. They are very comfortable and light and easy to put on! I might even be able to wear some thin liners with them. lp

6. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I have to totally agree with you about how comfortable they are. That was one of the things I truely liked about them.

7. Hogwire

Hogwire Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Another thing I liked about Scent Blocker was they give you directions how to prep your boots before using. How to get the "new stink" off of them.

8. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Alright, here's my take. Scent Blocker makes several different boots, the Dream Season boots also have a couple different models. The "Pro Knee Boot" is a zip up style, these are the ones that I have and I'm not entirely sure about the waterproof thing. Honestly, I'm a little scared to try... I'm sure I'll test it out pretty soon. The pro model is insulated with wool insulation, in my opinion you'll need a little something extra when it gets below the 30's for an extended period of time. I'll do a full review when I'm more motivated.

All in all... I like them so far.

9. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I have the same ones and was thinking the exact same thing. Part of the reason I am going to keep these so I can wear real heavy socks for those sub-zero days.

I have elected to jump all water to this point cause I don't think they will really keep the water out.

10. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I bought a pair of these about three weeks ago and I simply love them. The only small negative I can think of is that when I zip them up sometimes the fabric gets caught in the zipper. But besides that I love the zipper over laces that always come untied. They are 100% waterproof like they say. I walked in about 6" of water and it never soaked through. Also they are so light and flexable I feel like I'm wearing shoes and not boot when I have them on. :hail:

11. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well I had an opportunity to try them out in the cold this weekend and can honestly say they suck. I really like the boots but they are terrible in cold weather. Even wearing more and thicker socks then usual my feet still froze. Time to go back to the Rocky boots for the winter!

12. ILLUSION HUNTER

ILLUSION HUNTER Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I had to wear 2 pair of wool socks to keep my feet warm. Also my feet got wet this weekend. I walked through a ditch to get to one of my stands and it didn't take all that long for my socks to get wet feeling, and then cold of course. They are a great bow hunting boot, but not a winter boot.

13. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone have any suggestions for real cold weather boots? Guess it is time to go shopping again!