Scent Lok question

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Dstever33, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Dstever33

Dstever33 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the market for some new camo. I have been looking at scent lok cold blooded or the covert deluxe. Just looking to get everyone's opinion on these two. And which one will be warmer for the cold December days.

2. ruteger

ruteger Guest

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2020
  3. Matt/TN

Matt/TN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a big ScentLok fan and wear it exclusively until temps start getting near freezing. When the temps start getting below freezing, none of the ScentLok stuff I have will hold a candle to my First Lite stuff. My Sanctuary suit is unbelievable for cold temps. I wore it this morning with the temps at 30 with a steady 15mph wind and stayed very warm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Most ScentLok stuff is fine but if it gets really cold you need to add some layers. An insulation layer and a wind blocking layer. Check out Cabelas layering system, Sitka or First Light. I currently use the Nomad Primaloft Pant and Jacket and that works well. Good luck.

5. MasterHunter

MasterHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Masterhunter doesn;t waste his hard earned cash on most junk the industry sells, but scent control is absolutely real, just again today 15 yards upwind of a doe while I was on foot and it never knew I was there..