Scent Crusher Ozone Gear Bag or Ozonics?

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Wisconsin Buckwatch, Sep 30, 2016.

1. No.6Hunter

No.6Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't noticed any difference in physical appearance when it comes to my camo, I generally run my closet for 35 min.

Any non-industrial ozone generator will work fine with clothes, I have a 400MG/H Ozone Generator from ebay

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  2. bostoned

bostoned Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone looking at these ozone units understands that ozone is harmful to breath in I hope. Just google the health effects of ozone. It causes shortness of breath, inflamation of airways and can aggravate a number of lung diseases and chronic conditions. Just be aware when using these plug-in units.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

3. TheHardWoods913

TheHardWoods913 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Ty, so it would be a more of a pre-treatment for inside the vehicle before I get into the truck to drive to my spot rather than have it running on my way there while driving.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's how I have always operated mine...but the little on the go one by Scent Crusher most likely doesn't produce enough when ventilating cabin with window or just vent on most likely is 100% safe...anyone that has it be nice to see if the product says anything.

5. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    ive built my own and just got all the parts to make a in the field version. so far no bad effects from running the ozone. i built a closet and also if im lazy i just put my 3500 mg unit in my tote on the way to the farm. i shock my clothes for about 10 min. you can build these for about $50 and that with a 12v battery to make it portable. ive also done a lot of research on them. if you dont want to build one there are a few options out there. some have been already mentioned. all scent crusher products are renamed 03 pure product with a jacked up price

this is the same unit scent crusher uses. Amazon.com: O3 Pure Multi-Purpose Ozone Fruit & Vegetable Washer: Health & Personal Care
    was looking last night and found this one. i like the price and timer function. Amazon.com: Ozone 500-i Ozonator + Negative Ion Generator for Air and Water: Home & Kitchen
    this unit you install on your laundry machine and no more laundry detergent is nice. they make 2 versions ill just post the one. Amazon.com: O3-PURE Professional Ozone Eco Laundry System Digital 1000mg/L - Detergent Free - Latest Generation For All Washers - Red: Appliances
    This unit is really sweet. its adjustable and can hook a 12v battery up to it and use it in the field. they also have a few other option so ill link the main page and you can look them over. the ozone100 in the sweet one and you can buy it for $104 and put it together your self to save money Ozone Air & Water Purifiers, Cells & Drivers

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  6. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. Matt Jensen

Matt Jensen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bought the scent crusher bag and on the go for 180! Cabelas has them together for 200 but yesterday there was an extra 10% off everything. Can't wait to get it in the mail.

8. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I apologize if this is a repeat, but my question on any type of bag (vs closet) is this: If the clothes are folded & stacked, wouldn't the exposed areas be the only parts actually being treated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Stuck In A Rut

Stuck In A Rut Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I bought the Scent Crusher Bag and On The Go last week. Washed my clothes, sealed them up in the bag and ran the Ozone for (2) 30 min intervals. First time was right when I put the clothes in the bag, second time was on my way to the hunting property. Also kept the bag in the back seat of the truck with the On The Go running at it's intervals.

Upon entering the truck, the OZONE smell coming from the On The Go is strong. There is no denying that On The Go does what it's supposed to as far as eliminating odors from the vehicle. None whatsoever. Didn't care for having it on while driving.

Changed into my hunting clothes when I got to the property and you can literally smell the Ozone elimination permeating out of the clothing. I had absolutely no doubt that my gear was as scent free as possible after using the bag and On The Go. I still sprayed down when I got to the stand, but I felt confident. That's all you can ask for in a product.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
  10. Il_public_land_hunter

Il_public_land_hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the scent crusher car plug in and it works great. I never unplug it at all. Runs anytime the vehicle is on. It does cycle itself off and on. And yes it works great. I am a smoker and my girlfriends son even said that her truck smells bad of smoke but mine hasno smell at all. I take that as it's doing its job. The smell can be pretty strong at times. The girlfriend says it smells like chlorine. Which it kind of does. Never noticed it until she pointed it out. Waiting for the bags to go on sale. Found one for $150 a few months ago but didn't pull the trigger. Should have

11. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The Nine Finger Chroncicles just did a product review podcast on Scent Crusher. I hadn't thought much of it before, but now I am interested.

12. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No all the clothes would be treated. Ozone is a gas so it fills any void in the bag.

13. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    In response to the Scent Crusher ozone go for your vehicle. The Ozone Go was designed to generate ozone that falls within the safe EPA levels for ozone. Also the unit has a 30 minute shut off. The directions list it for unoccupied use because each individual has a different tolerance for ozone, even safe levels of ozone can cause some people to dislike the strong smell of ozone.

14. Govtrapper

Govtrapper Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm very impressed with the ozone go unit you put in the car or vehicle. My wife left a dirty diaper in the truck in 100° weather man that stunk. I let that lil unit do its job an no more smell. It was completely gone.
    I have the bag also works unbelievably well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

15. Johnson.Outdoors

Johnson.Outdoors Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I highly recommend the Gear bag to anyone even thinking about buying one. The folks at Scent Crusher have really done their homework and the customer service is second to none. I'm active duty USCG and I put my body armor in the bag for one 30 minute cycle and it took away every bit of odor/scent, I've had friends wash theirs 2-3 times and it still smelled, with mine, one 30 minute cycle is all it took.

As for hunting application, I run my gear through a 15 minute cycle on my way to the stand, and I had a small buck walk in on my same trail, then when I got down out of my stand, a forkhorn came running in and stopped 10yds away directly downwind, if I had my bow in hand I would've been an easy shot, but I started laughing and that's when he took off, I think even then he didn't know what I was. hahaha

16. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was just on the scent crusher website and they have an offer buy the bag at $199 and get the "on the go" free. It directs you to Amazon for the deal. I would like to order from Cabelas, as I have a gift card from them but can't find the same deal from them.

17. pitzer25

pitzer25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Try calling cabelas they sometimes match deals. Or look for the offer on competitors website for it then they should match it

18. Wisconsin Buckwatch

Wisconsin Buckwatch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I spent 44 bucks on the whitetail r generator and use my plastic container for my gear i smell the same o-zone you talking about i just spent 150 bucks less. I agree I feel as thought its working great!

19. kennyg

kennyg Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gander Mountain had the same deal and my gift card was compatible with them. On it's way