Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Scab hunters go away

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by OHhitman31, Dec 4, 2011.

1. OHhitman31

OHhitman31 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am really bothered by something that happened to me while bowhunting this yr i was hunting a hollar at my hunting spot which is public land and i came out and was going for lunch and another hunter pulled up and we got to talking and he asked if i saw anything and i said i saw 2 little ones in a couple days and that they looked to be yearlings , we talked some more and went our separate ways and i went and got something to eat and came back for the afternoon hunt and low and behold the guy was parked where my truck was and was headed on back to the area that i was hunting , and i thought what a low life . just wondered if this has happend to anybody and also im wondering where has the ethics gone in the sport of hunting ..............

2. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    yeah thats why I "NEVER" SEE ANYTHING on my public spot I hunt. haha.

3. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yup, unfortunately that is how it has to be. Whenever I hunt my public land spot and anyone ask's if I saw anything the answer is simply "no". I don't go out of my way to ask other hunters if they saw anything, but I almost always have people ask me if we come across each other. I don't take offense to it, I just state that I saw nothing and try not to give the area I was hunting.

Thats all you can do. You have to remember that every hunter takes their hunting at different levels. Some guys don't put as much time into it as others. Nothing against these guys, but if you tell someone like this "hey, I saw deer over here" you better believe they are going to move into that area. I'm sure you learned your lesson and won't let it happen again. Good luck the rest of the season!

4. OHhitman31

OHhitman31 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    yeah i did learn my lesson , from here on out im never gonna see a thing on public land ...... im just the type who would never do that to another hunter , its hard enough for a hunter to hunt on public land and get a deer with the land is shrinkin every year do to out of state hunters and leases land lockin public hunting land , thanks for letting me vent !

5. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I happens to me from time to time. I have one guy that seems to set up close to me a lot. He is not from the area and shows up for the rut for a couple of weeks. This year I asked him if he thought that he was a little close, he agreed and moved a bit farther. We both still saw some of the same deer but at least we were not bumping each other.
    If I see someone set up on a spot I move. I also talk to others and try to get them to repsect each other and not set up too close. I think around here that is anywhere from 0.25 to 0.5 miles.