saw a nice rack go past last night

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Kansasbuck, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Kansasbuck

Kansasbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was up in the tree early and waiting. it was hot, about 84 degrees, but its season, so I was out there. It got close to sunset, but I started to hear foot steps back in the timber. they kept getting closer, and they were sounding big, real big. I turn around to get squared up with the shooting lane that the animal was coming towards and waited. Then I caught a movement and saw that it was indeed coming towards me, and was even going to cross into the shooting lane I was ready for.

Im sorry for the blurry pic, but it was all i could do to get the camera out and pointed in the right direction before it passed. She never knew I was there. hopefully she rides somewhere else for the next couple weeks.

[​IMG]

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yah, I hunted some public ground by the lake last year that had horseback trails marked all over the place. I ran into a group riding horse several times. Apparently there are some horse backing riding outfits that use public ground for their business. Fortunately I think this is the most unobtrusive traffic as deer don't seem to be alarmed much by four legged animals.

3. Kansasbuck

Kansasbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im not sure the deer care too much, but the turkeys sure did take off when she came by. I wouldn't mind so much, but I have seen her three days in a row now, and have not seen the deer. But its also been in the 80's all week. Not sure which is worse. Would have liked to had a deer down by now and some meat in the freeze.

4. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I dont like being disturbed while hunting

5. MichiHunter

MichiHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The biggest deer I've ever seen in my life is when I was riding a Tennessee Walker through the woods. He was bedded down less than 15 ft from the trail. He watched us go by but couldn't have cared less that a horse was in the vicinity.

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go to the toy store any buy a bunch of real big fake snakes. She will quit riding that trail. lol! :p

7. Parker70

Parker70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of riders on public ground in KY. The deer don't mind. I don't mind either because they keep trails clear.