Saving some $$$$

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by The Old Man, Feb 8, 2013.

1. The Old Man

The Old Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just can’t figure her out. She should be pleased. A couple years ago we needed to get a 4 wheeler to get The Old Man to and from the trail cams I set out and to carry stands in and out of the field when I get set for the season. Well a new 4 wheeler would have been $6500 but I found a good used one for $4,250. That saved us $2,250. Good deal, right?
    Well of course we needed a trailer to haul the 4 wheeler. New was $1,150 but I found used for $750. Saved us $400, right.
    Since then I have saved us $60 buying a display model fish trap rather than a new one in the box. Another $100 buying a like new trail cam from Monster Raxx (Tom is very good to deal with by the way). And $150 on a year end sale underwater camera for ice fishing.
    Now my wife is always worried about how much money I am going to save us next. Do any of you have to deal with this? I mean there is only so much money I can save. It isn’t as easy as she seems to think. Sometime I feel soooo unappreciated.

2. CILhunter

CILhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don't understand it. I told my wife the other day that every firearm I own has increased in value, thanks to Obama (almost makes me sorry I didn't vote for him. . . almost!). She says that to recognize that value, I should sell them. That's crazy talk!

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well, tell her you don't understand why she has to save so much money buying her clothes, shoes, purses and all the hair dos, nail jobs feet treatments and all that stuff either.

4. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received: