Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Satillite map with topo, MGRS Lines, boundaries and stand locations

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by rjfoy, Dec 14, 2016.

1. rjfoy

rjfoy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping to find a company that can do a printed map as written in the title.

I think MyTopo can do everything except import KLM/KMZ points and HUNTERRA prints a great map, they can import your data but they don't do Military Grid Reference System overlay.

Anyone know of a company that can do it all?

This is for a club sign-out board.

Thanks,

Bob

2. Jelf

Jelf Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The following link displays the Google aerial and a 100m MGRS/USNG grid. Zoom in more and the grid goes to 10m. If there is cell service where the club hunts then the map will open on cell phones and display a touch friendly interface. You will recognize where the map is centered.

https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?usng=17S_PB_6458_4236&tilt=off&z=17&t=h

The map is displayed by Gmap4 which is an enhanced Google map viewer that I developed. Anyone can use Gmap4 for any non-commercial purpose. I maintain this project as a volunteer public service and part of my way to "pay it forward".

You can do limited printing through your browser. Firefox ==> Print preview.

If you put your KML/KMZ file online, Gmap4 can display it.

Finally, if the boundary data you want to display is available on a public-facing ArcGIS server, then Gmap4 can display it.

The Gmap4 homepage has lots of examples and help info:
    https://mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.html

Finally, I caution everyone about GIS boundary data. Some of it is good, some terrible and a lot is in between those extremes. I often overlay survey data for a specific parcel on top of GIS boundary data and I can see the differences.

Joseph

3. rjfoy

rjfoy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    MGRS Map

Great work Joseph. Thanks!