Salt Fork, OH Area

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by pastorbigdan, Mar 22, 2016.

1. pastorbigdan

pastorbigdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    New to the site, hoping to get a little insight on the public land around Salt Fork. Not asking for your honey hole, more curious about investing time for archery. Is it worth it, or does it get pounded w/ hunters? Hoping to spend a week this fall. Any info would be appreciated. Thx

2. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad that you joined us. I can't help you with that area but I'm sure that there are others here that can. Hang around. Lot's of knowledge around here.

3. Duece Ranch

Duece Ranch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Stick with you will love it, I like the salt fork area, keep me updated if you find a place, I have a great place in ky if you travel.

4. pastorbigdan

Dislikes Received:
    Thx. I have some PA public tgats not too bad if you are ever up this way. What part of KY? I'm always interested in hunting :)

5. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunt 5 minutes away from the public land, bow hunting wise you will love it until around late November when gun season starts up and they release the pheasants. You'll see a truck every 200 yards for gun season and pheasant hunting. It sounds like a war zone on opening day gun season over there from my stand haha

6. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    ImageUploadedByBowhunting.com Forums1458664661.913794.jpg I will tell you that this small area right off the boat ramp is a nice secluded stretch of woods. The only times I go in there is during gun season when me and some buddies put on some drives but everytime I've gone in there we've kicked up deer or turkeys and I know there's a buck that beds in there. There's a huge ravine and at the bottom it's real thick and there's fresh rubs everywhere. It's worth a look if you got some time to do some scouting.

7. pastorbigdan

Dislikes Received:
    Thx! I am actually trying to get down in 2 weeks to look around, hoping to rent a cabin for a week in the fall. This gives me a good start as to what might work. I'm willing to put in my time and I know it's hunting, but didn't want to waste a bunch of time on something that's not worth it. Appreciate it :)

8. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome

9. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the site!

10. cj22drake

cj22drake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Isn't there a designated bow hunting parcel of land directly across the road from the campground entrance? I thought I remembered seeing that on a map while I was camping over there.

11. pastorbigdan

Dislikes Received:
    So much property, so little time :) just need to pick a place and roll w/ it. I like looking at maps but I would much rather put boots on the ground. Wayne is another 1 1/2 hrs South but also looks nice.