Rytera Alien-X

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by Th3_IA, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Th3_IA

Th3_IA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was wondering if anyone knew anything or had shot this bow. I hear great things about it and was thinking about getting one, just wanted a little info from people that had one. Thanks

2. rtyma

rtyma Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just setup mine today (waited for approx. 4 weeks to arrive from the factory). Unfortunately the person who took the order from my bowshop processed it as a Hunter Black vs the Next Camo that I wanted. Setup took a few hours, the bow is wild! I'm a lefty, been shooting a Mathews FX for 15 years with much success, but, the Rytera Alien IMO is in another league entirely. I cannot find anything about it that I don't like. Five minutes after picking it up, I had completely forgotten about it not being the right color, started actually liking the combination of black riser, limbs, camo sights, stabilizer, wisker biscuit etc.

Bottom line; even though the factory shipped the wrong color bow, I'm not letting go of it!

Setup: 26 1/2 in draw length, 60 lb draw, chrono's @ an even 300 fps. The bow is a 45 - 60 lb, but max draw weight, if I chose to crank it up any, is about 64 lbs. Extremely quiet, easy to setup, rock solid wall @ full draw. Set my 20, 30 and 40 yd pins in around 20 minutes ( will set my 50 and 60 yrd tomorrow after morning watch).

I've shot PSE, Golden Eagle, Mathews and now the Rytera Alien X. I'm thinking I'm going to enjoy the Alien X for quite a few years to come!

3. RattleSnake

RattleSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shot one at the pro shop, and they are pretty dead in the hand at the shot, and very quiet. I can tell you or take it under advisement that my Admiral is set at 72#, and the Alien I shot was a maxed 45-60, and I can tell you it FELT like it had more dw than my Admiral. If I were buying one, it would be the 45-60 model rather than the 55-70 because of the stout draw cycle.

4. Th3_IA

Th3_IA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey RS, the other bow I was thinking about getting was the Admiral. Can you tell me a little about how it shoots. I currently am shooting the 82nd. I really like it, but Im always looking to get something new. I may wait and see what the 2010s look like.

5. Live2Draw

Live2Draw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    i was just reading about this bow, i really wanna shoot one, i doubt i will be able to find a dealer tho

6. RattleSnake

RattleSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The Admiral for lack of a better way of putting it is pure smooth. It's probably one of the finest bows I've ever shot, and it won out against all other bows in Feb. this year when I was looking. In comparison to your 82nd, I would say the Admiral will be smoother on the draw cycle and maybe a touch better feeling at the shot, but I have very limited experience with the 82nd. I'm quite surprised one of the Bowtech guys didn't jump in on this one being there are some Bowtech Corporate Advisory staff on here. I know Rob/PA has both an 82nd and an Amiral, so he could easily lay things out in a much clearer way for you.

7. hoeky

hoeky Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I've been looking at a lot of bows lately and I was really impressed with the Alien-X. It pulls stiff, but delivers a lot of anger on the shot. So far I've shot Hoyt Maxxis 31, Matthews Z7 (I know, not a speed bow) , Monster 7 , Martin Firecat TR2. and Bowtech 340. I'd say it's most similar to the Botwech 340. I'm very seriously thinking about this as my next bow.