Rutting Activity?

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by Masskiller, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have been off for the last 10 days and I saw 8 different small bucks cruising but no shooters!! 3 were chasing does around!

2. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's pickin up now in NW PA!

3. Norm in NH

Norm in NH Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Two weeks ago I was getting pics of different bucks on my trail camera all of them where in vampire mode. Most recently I've gotten 0 pics of anything with antlers and now just a doe or 2 going through at all different times. The only buck I've seen is the one my father shot last sunday :tu:

4. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah it's been slow over the last week and a half here in Jersey. I have only seen does since the 14th!!

5. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've run into the problem of seeing no deer in the past 3 sits. No does, no bucks, nothing. I wonder if many are locked down right now. The only deer I have seen on my property I kicked up when walking back to the truck, both times they were bedded down 20 yards from my feeder, which doesn't have much cover. They might be youngins whose mom is shacking up with a buck and just waiting until she's done. Either way, I am taking some time off from hunting for Thanksgiving and a get-a-way to the family cabin in the PA mountains. We'll see what happens when I get back.