Run and Gun

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jrob140, Jun 10, 2017.

1. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It's not necessarily about ability- more of a choice. Can I lug 30 pounds of steel a mile into the woods? Sure, for a few more years anyway. Do I want to? Effff, no. I'll spend the extra cash. That's my ability.

Nothing wrong with price efficient RE stands. They are not a bad choice if it's a once in and once out per season hike, but if there's a lot of moving around there are better choices. More money, sure but the OP has to decide if it's worth the cost. Either you pay with your back or your wallet.

Jrob140 likes this.
  2. BradC36

BradC36 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my LW Assault and XOP silver for the application you're wanted. Both are light, sticks pack pretty easily (I use LW Sticks) and with the system I use I can be up and in within 10 minutes. Small price to pay for the ability to hang/hunt according to deer sign. Not as comfortable as my viper for all day sits, but if I'm doing that I could care less about comfort at that point.

Jrob140 likes this.
  3. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I couldn't agree more with you, I'm 23, 5'11 190 if I absolutely had too there's no question I could pack it in and out every hunt as much as I needed. But years of working at a furniture store while in college has taught me just because you are able to carry or load something by yourself doesn't mean you should. My overall objective is to continue to bowhunt as long as I can!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dnoodles likes this.
  4. kgtech

kgtech Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

there is what i look for in tree satnd and i really like x.o.p climbing sticks

Jrob140 likes this.
  5. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Appreciate the help KG, I actually purchased the muddy vantage yesterday at the bass pro down in Nashville for $120. For that price I just couldn't pass on it and I figure if I use it and don't like it at the very least I could get most of my money back on it and go from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

kgtech likes this.
  6. sethf11

sethf11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 setups and recommend both. XOP Enforcer for a climber and a Hawk Helium XL with Helium climbing sticks.

Both are awesome. XOP climber will run you $220-240

Hawk Helium is $130 and sticks are an additional $100 or so for 3. I carry 5 sticks but can get 18 feet or so with 4 of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrob140 likes this.
  7. invasion

invasion Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone use the millenium m50u? They have 2 left at 40% at my local gander mountain. Believe the price is down to $115 . Is it worth it or should i save and get something else for a portable stand? I allready have regular stands in place as well as a climber. This will be more for state land hunts where a climber won't work

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk