Rogan & Rinella

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by sycamoretwitch, Oct 13, 2021 at 7:21 AM.

1. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/6KqPYNM4FsXG800XnRfpti?si=43GMwSbaQBSTKaKABaZ6Jg&context=spotify:show:4rOoJ6Egrf8K2IrywzwOMk&dl_branch=1

Sorry if this has been posted already… Steve Rinella was on the Joe Rogan podcast the other day for like the 10th time - always a great listen! Rinella alone has obviously done remarkable things IMO for the hunting industry but Rogan really gives us as hunters access to a population of people who might not otherwise be exposed to hunting/hunters!

Side note about an hour 58 in they start talking about YouTube and demonetization BS anyway they reference the bowhunting.com article re. demonizing hunting/killing/butchering videos.

https://www.bowhunting.com/article/is-youtube-trying-to-cancel-hunting-videos/

But while you’re in the truck for work or on your way to your next hunt the entire interview is really solid and pretty much all hunting related content.

dnoodles likes this.
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have time to listen to every Rogan podcast, so I cherry pick the ones with guests I enjoy listening to. Rinella is always a must-listen for me. I'm amazed at how intelligent that guy is. Great sense of humor as well.

I did catch this one and it was cool when we got a mention - however small it may have been. :chewy:

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Rinella (both his series and his books) is probably more influential on my evolution as a hunter or at least my development and practice of hunting as a philosophy than anyone on earth. He has a unique knack of deconstructing hunting as a practice and then applying those principles to other aspects of life, and doing it in a conversational style that anyone with a modicum of intelligence and empathy can understand and absorb.

Plus he is pretty damn funny at times.

4. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I like Rogan but I typically am pretty selective at what I want to listen to... They kinda touch on this in a round-about-way but just so much content in general these days that you can't consume it all - even stuff you want to listen to or are interested. For instance I about clicked on a youtube Podcast from HUNTR with Adam Hays as a guest this morning to give that a listen on the way to work - a 2 hour podcast for my 15 minute drive. Ha! I realized I hadn't quite finished Rogan and Rinella...

I do the same with MeatEater podcast. WiredtoHunt etc. etc. just so much good stuff! How did people learn stuff 30 years ago hahah

5. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    They read magazines and books. Eek!

airenlow and sycamoretwitch like this.
  6. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

[​IMG]

airenlow, cantexian and Suncrest08 like this.
  7. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What about 50 yrs ago…. Just going out and doing it! :eek2:

airenlow likes this.
  8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Both good ambassadors for hunting. Always a good listen